Detox teas have become quite popular, especially among women. We all want banging bodies, and these teas are a great way to be healthy and shed some of that winter weight.
They also have a ton of health benefits. We all tend to indulge in unhealthy foods (hello Ben & Jerry’s!) and other bad habits from time to time, and detox teas help your body and colon hit the reset button.
Benefits of Detox Teas
- Unlike regular tea, detox teas have antioxidants that help to speed up the metabolism in your body. This, in turn, burns fat and produces energy even during inactivity.
- When you regularly take detox tea, your immunity improves. You’ll likely find that flu and colds are not part of your life anymore. Detox teas also guard your body from diseases such as arthritis, diabetes, and certain cancers.
- The most common way of hydrating your body is drinking lots and lots of water. Tea is known to dehydrate your body, but with detox teas, your body is rehydrated throughout the day.
- Some users will see weight loss during a cleanse as detox teas flush out water weight. If you make it a regular in your diet plan, it should help reduce your weight. Of course, it goes without saying, no drink or supplement will ever be able to replace a solid diet and exercise.
- People who start their day on a cup of detox tea are more likely to have a productive day thanks to the energy boost it provides.
- Once the toxins have been eliminated from your body by the tea, your body will function better and skin clear up.
It’s important to note that not all detoxes are created equal. They each contain different ingredients and therefore have different effects on your body. For example, Japanese Matcha tea is ten times more potent than traditional green tea. It is essential to do research depending on the kind of result you’re looking for.
How to use detox teas
There are two popular ways of using detox teas:
- Morning refresh
The morning refresh is mainly about replacing all the lost vitamins in the body. Once you get out of bed, make yourself a cup of boiled water with lemon juice and ginger to kick-start the metabolism in your body.
After 20-30 minutes, make your morning refresh cup of detox tea. This boosts your energy and gives you the kind of push you need to take on the day. When you start the day in that manner, your body will be active the whole day without feeling weak and lazy.
Some ingredients you might consider for the morning refresh would be barley grass, acai berry, ginseng, and spirulina. If you’re not a fan of the taste, you can also splash in some flavor with mulberries, stevia, honey or lemon juice.
- Evening colon cleanse
The other popular detox tea routine is the colon cleanse. As the name suggests, it’s probably best to do this one in the evening or when you don’t have plans of leaving the house. This one focuses on replacing electrolytes.
A cup of green tea at the end of the day will cleanse your body and remove all those toxins from your body. The main ingredient in the colon cleanse tea should be senna leaf. This ingredient has a laxative effect which is beneficial to your body after a long day.
You can also add other ingredients to increase the effectiveness of the tea as well as add flavor. These ingredients are such as lemongrass, dried orange peel, and nettle leaf.
Updated, December 2019. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.